Sex therapy helps individuals and couples to have a fuller sex life and to be more in touch with their mind and body. Sexuality is a very broad topic which integrates different dimensions of personality (energetic, physical, educational, spiritual and emotional). In order to treat sexual dysfunctions, it is necessary to have a broad vision of the education received throughout life.
When to go to Sex Therapy?
Normally people do not go to therapy because they are content with their sexuality and only want to improve some aspects. Reality resorts to sexual therapy when the way in which you experience sex is causing you discomfort.
Some of the most common characteristics of the different issues which cause people to go to therapy are:
- Delayed ejaculation.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Erection problems.
- Lack of sexual desire.
- Inhibited sexual desire.
- Pain during penetration
- Performance anxiety
- Compulsive sexual behavior
- Addiction to porn and sex
- Difficulties reaching orgasm
Should I Go Alone or with My Partner?
Depending on the problem or the type of case, it will be necessary to go alone or with your partner.
In many cases, the person wants to deal with a personal problem or difficulty.
Individual Sexual Therapy: In general, the client who wants to begin individual Sexual Therapy does so because they feel and know that their sexual dissatisfaction is due to a personal difficulty. They wish to heal these sexual wounds before they meet a person or maybe they wish to improve their current relationship.
Sexual Therapy of Couples: Usually the couple goes to Sexual Therapy of Couples when the relation is suffering due to a problem related to the sexuality, lack of bodily or sexual self-esteem, or not knowing how to express their needs or sexual desires. My job is to help the couple so that these problems are solved and their sexual life becomes richer and fuller again.
The Benefits of My Sex Therapy
The are several benefits to Sex Therapy, such as:
- Reinforcing sexual self-esteem
- Overcoming the specific difficulty that worries you
- Educating yourself about sexuality and abandoning myths, taboos, fears and insecurities
- Overcoming anxiety during sexual relations
- Expressing your sexual desires more confidently
- Enjoying a fuller and richer sex life that will also bring more creativity and self-confidence in life
- Feeling the mystical side of sexuality when you encounter the spiritual side. It is a union of much fullness and joy.
- The healing part of sexual energy.
- Cultivating sexual energy and desire towards higher states of consciousness.